Sunday, September 18, 2011

3 weeks post surgery

On Tuesday, it will be three weeks since I had my mastectomy and reconstruction.  My plastic surgeon says I am healing well.  I am still a little swollen and sore, but nothing I can't handle.  I am still recovering my strength and stamina.  I worked all week last week, except I left a little early on Friday.

I meet with the radiation oncologist on September 28th.  We will decide then when I will begin six weeks of radiation treatments.  Once I am done with radiation, this season of my life will be over.  I am looking forward to feeling like myself again.

I participated in Race for the Cure this morning.  I walked the 5K course along with several ladies from work, my parents and my daughters.  It was amazing to see all of the people there.  I saw A LOT of survivors which gives me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment